nsu46

Topic: Help with Sodium carbonate decarbonation process

Hi,

I am new to the forum and don't know if this topic has been discussed before. I am working on a cadmium plating shop, and am having issues with the sodium bicarbonate byproduct.

We transfer about 11000 liter of Low Hydrogen Embrittlement Cadmium Solution to a seperate tank for decarbonation process and freeze it at about -4 deg. C. And once, the bicarbonates crystallize, the purified solution is sent back to the plating tank, and the crystallized bicarbonates are extracted by blowing them off from the tank with steam hoses and transferred to a different tank for disposal. This is a very arduous and time consuming  process. I am also aware of this carbolux unit that does batch decabonation process. I know Mefiag supplies this, but are there any other companies that deal with similar products?

The Carbolux unit is quite handy, as the processed liquid is chilled and when transferred to the plating tank, can help in cooling the temperature down as well. It is a bit expensive on the other hand, so we are looking for an alternate solution.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.