Paul Fisher

Topic: January 2010 issue of Finishing Talk now available online

The January 2010 issue of Finishing Talk is now available online.You can download it in PDF format and read it at your leisure, or read it in it's digital format online by clicking here.Take a look and let us know what you think on the community forums at www.finishingtalk.com

This month we are pleased to introduce our new editor Kevin Biller. With his solid technical background as a formulator and manufacturer of powder coatings, combined with his past experience as the technical editor of Finishing Today magazine you can be assured that he will continue to bring our readers consistent and relative messages over the coming months. Welcome Kevin!

Sincerely,

Paul Fisher. Publisher
Finishing Talk

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IN THIS ISSUE

The Basics Of Pulse Anodizing
Most of the anodizing job shops use direct current (DC) for Type II anodizing. This article will talk about slow pulses using low frequency pulse, which gives pulses in seconds to minutes as accounted for in the early eighties by Yokoyama, Konno and Takahashi........... click here to read more

Finishing Talk Walk: Advanced Colour Coatings - Birmingham, UK
It may sound a bit cliché, but it all started on face book…. It was my last morning attending the Surface World Show in Birmingham England when I received a message from Mo Bashir, the Operations Manager of Advanced Colour Coatings. He asked if I wanted to “see a well-run powder coating shop”...........click here to read more

2009 Gephardt Award
It was announced at the recent Southern Metal Finishing Conference that Jim Trottier would be the Gephardt award recipient for 2009.This prestigious honor is bestowed annually to a single Finishing Talk member who is selected on the merits of their regular and helpful contributions in the Finishing Talk Online Forums.......... click here to read more

Creating A Sustainable Future In Finishing
In 2009 we adopted a public relations strategy designed to build on our existing reputation and achievements.We add value to our membership by protecting their professional standing, driving up stands, improving skills and competence that reinforce sector credibility.......... click here to read more

Finishing Talk in Social Media
In spite of the fact that Finishing Talk itself is a social media network by definition, as you will soon see (if you haven't already), this issue is full of other social networking references.The truth is it takes all kinds of media to get the word out to the world so we participate in several. Here is where you can also find us in the world of social networking........... click here to read more

Plasma Technology In The Painting Process
Thin Layers for Optimized Characteristics Optimized pre-treatment and activation is essential for reliable, sustainably stable paint adhesion.Processes involving solvents are frequently used to this end. Plasma technology represents an environmentally sound, efficient alternative, and offers numerous additional effects as well............ click here to read more

International Collaboration in Surface Finishing
My European outreach mission started and ended the same way - trying to cram two weeks of clothes into one carry-on piece of luggage. Looking back I find this an analogy to describe the entire trip. There was just so much to do and so little time........... click here to read more

The Last Word: Climate Change In The Finishing Industry - Kevin Biller

For decades leading climatologists and atmospheric scientists have warned us of a progressive change in the climate thought to be due to an increase in greenhouse gas concentrations....... click here to read more